Monday, January 25, 2010

California Trip 2/14/2010-2/20/2010

Well I figured that I should update considering I havn't in forever!!!
We went to California to celebrate Jon's grandmothers life at her memorial. We also got to see many family members that I had not yet met. We drove down and back making for a VERY long trip. On the way down we stopped at Fisherman's Pier and had a fresh seafood lunch right over the ocean. After lunch Jon and I took a rock, put all of our troubles and threw it into the ocean. It was very relieving and nice to take a walk in the sand along the ocean. We played in the tadpools and found some fun sea creatures and enjoyed touching the water. Once we got to our hotel room in Ontario, CA it was nice to just go to sleep. The next day we headed into Glendora for breakfast with Barry's family and then off to the church to set up for the memorial service. The church was in a very quaint area with lots of fun cute shops. Jon and I took a walk around the streets through the many shops and just enjoyed each others company. We really used this vacation as a pseudo second honeymoon and took any chance we could to spend alone time together. After the memorial service we had pizza and conversation at Uncle Terry's place. It was very nice to meet and talk to Barry's family. On Sunday we went over to Rex and Shay's to meet Rachel's mom and brother. It was fun to meet more family and we really enjoyed having lunch and many funny conversation. Jon and I came home with many very fun toys from Rod. We will enjoy firing them once we have the time to. We left California on Monday for the two day drive back. Some car trouble had us stuck in Barstow for a couple hours but it wasn't all bad because we found a Lucky Jeans outlet where Jon got two pairs of jeans for the price of one at the original price. We stopped in Las Vegas for dinner. I tried to see April and her family but because I wasn't smart enough to plan the meet time with a time change so we missed eachother. :( I was sad not to see them but we moved on. We spent the night in St. George and moved on through to Salt Lake the next day where we spent some time with Isaac's family at lunch. Then a couple hours at the distribution center where I got my first temple dress (it's so perfect). Finally we made it home late on Tuesday. We rested on Wednesday and back to work on Thursday. Wow.... what a week. Anyway it was fun. And my New Year's resolution is to blog more. Well see how this works... Pictures to follow :) :) :)

No comments: